Sales Development Representative
Company Overview Blake’s Seed Based is a Chicago based company with a mission to make seed-based, top 8 allergen-free foods available to everyone. Being top 8, our products are free from peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, soy, dairy, egg, fish, and shellfish. They are also vegan and GMO free. Blake’s Seed Based was founded by Blake Sorensen, a former collegiate athlete with a deathly nut allergy. After a successful Kickstarter, followed by a seed fundraising round, Blake’s Seed Based launched in September 2018. We have a diverse customer set spanning direct-to- consumer, retail, and food service. We are a start-up, with ambitious goals, that is growing rapidly.
Blake’s Seed Based gives back through their Bar For a Box program, where for every box sold we donate 1 bar to a high-need school.
About The Role This is a B2B sales role. Your primary focus will be on increasing sales in the greater Chicagoland area. You will do this by closing new business while managing, maintaining, and growing existing accounts. Independent retail stores, convenience stores, offices, gyms, coffee shops, schools, hotels, subscription boxes, and more. You will know you have succeeded when Blake’s Seed Based products are everywhere in Chicago.
We are a start-up. We don’t have a defined playbook. We don’t have rigid processes. In this role you will need to think and act like an entrepreneur, like a business owner. To be successful you must be a self-starter, a problem solver, and results-oriented. You will have resources, training, and support, but you will not have your hand held. The right hire for this role will be comfortable with ambiguity and energized by the challenge. As a business we have ambitious financial goals and need a passionate and energetic team to deliver. You will work directly with the founders of the company. You will be part of the full start-up experience, working with the founders daily to deliver our mission.
Do you have what it takes to be one of the first hires for a mission driven start-up?
- Drive increased sell-through and customer penetration across distributor relationships.
- Prospect, qualify, and close new accounts.
- Manage existing accounts, driving sell-through and retention.
- Engage prospective customers by phone, email, and site visits.
- Develop, test, and roll-out point of sale strategies.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve and optimize our sales processes.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Accurately enter and maintain clean data in our CRM (Salesforce.com).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1 – 3 years sales experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Personable and outgoing. Comfortable making cold calls.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset.
- Results-oriented and data driven.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Salesforce experience a plus, not required.
- Access to a car required for sales calls, store visits/demos, lead prospecting.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
Compensation/Benefits Competitive compensation package including base salary plus commission, medical, dental, and vision. Paid holidays and vacation days (you will not accrue vacation days, this is a results- driven flexible work environment). Grow with the company as one of the first hires. Work daily with company founders.
How to Apply? Email your resume and a few paragraphs on why you would be a good fit to email@example.com.